Heartstart Discovery will restart its free two-hour training sessions in emergency life support for members of the public in Dundee and Perth in July 2022.
Receiving emergency life support (ELS) gives a casualty the best possible chance of survival until professional help arrives.
The courses are free and no medical knowledge is required in order to undertake one. It only takes two hours to learn the skills which may save a life and it is very likely that the person you help may be a family member or someone close to you.
The sessions cover:
- caring for an unconscious person who is breathing
- caring for an unconscious person who is not breathing and performing CPR
- awareness of defibrillators
- how to recognise the signs and symptoms of a heart attack and how to deal with it
Places are available during July 2022 in:
- Dundee on Wednesday,13 July, 6.30-8.30pm
- Perth on Saturday, 15 July, 10am-noon
Make it one of your aims to learn these life saving skills or ensure that your ELS skills are up to date.
Training sessions can also be arranged on request for groups, organisations and clubs.
Heartstart Discovery Co-ordinator Helen Brady said, “We are delighted to be able to offer Heartstart sessions again. Emergency life support skills really do help to save lives so please consider registering for a session today. A Heartstart session could prove to be one of the most important training sessions you have ever undertaken. Please come along, you can make a difference and save a life.”