Visiting is restarting in NHS Tayside hospitals from Monday, 13 July 2020 in line with updated Scottish Government guidance.
From Monday, 13 July, hospital inpatients in non-COVID wards will be able to choose one named visitor to visit them. A named visitor can be a spouse, next of kin or a friend.
Our priority is to keep all our patients, visitors and staff safe and with this in mind we are taking a phased approach to reintroducing visiting.
How to arrange a visit and visiting rules:
- Each ward area will be deciding the best visiting arrangements for their ward. Named visitors should contact the wards to find out what arrangements are in place.
- You will be asked to provide your contact details; this is normal in the current circumstances and is to assist Public Health Trace and Protect colleagues should there be a need to contact you.
- Named visitors will be provided with a face mask to wear in ward areas.
- Visitors must use hand sanitisers and strictly follow physical distancing guidance.
- The time visitors can stay on the ward may vary to suit ward activity and will be agreed with the care team.
- For health and safety reasons, visitors should not bring in food parcels, helium balloons or similar items with them when they visit.
- All visitors to hospital should wear a face covering in communal areas of the hospital.
- It is very important for the health and wellbeing of your loved one that you do not visit if you have any COVID-19 symptoms or are feeling unwell in any way.
From Monday, the following areas will welcome single designated visitors, please contact the ward directly to find out their visiting arrangements.
Areas not yet included for reinstating visiting on Monday, 13 July are working hard to introduce visiting over the coming weeks.
Ninewells Hospital – Wards 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, 12, 16, 19, 21, 22, 23a, 23b, 33, 36, non-COVID Intensive Care and High Dependency Units, maternity and paediatric wards
Perth Royal Infirmary – Wards 3 and 6 and Stroke Unit
Whitehills Health and Community Care Centre – Prosen Ward
Stracathro Hospital – Rowan and Willow Wards
Murray Royal Hospital and Carseview Centre – all inpatient areas
Royal Victoria Hospital – all wards
Kingsway Care Centre – all wards