Testing centres for anyone with symptoms will continue to be available across Tayside every day over the festive period, including public holidays.
Testing sites for people without symptoms will only be closed on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Testing for COVID-19 will continue to be available over the festive period in Tayside with testing sites offering PCR tests for people with symptoms and mobile testing units offering LFD tests for people with no symptoms.
Full details about the testing programme including locations of testing sites and opening hours over the festive period are available at www.covidtayside.scot.nhs.uk
Operating hours over the festive period are as follows:
Testing venues offering PCR testing for those with symptoms – open every day over the festive period:
- People must book a test via nhsinform.scot or by calling 119. You cannot attend without an appointment.
- Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day – Sites open with reduced hours
- 27 to 31 December and 2, 3 and 4 January – All venues except Forfar will be open as usual
- Myre Car Park testing site in Forfar – closed from 25 to 28 December 2021 and from 1 to 4 January 2022. Open 29 to 31 December. Appointments will be offered at the nearest alternative testing location.
Mobile testing units offering LFD testing for those without symptoms:
- Closed Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
- Christmas Eve open 10am – 4pm – Kirrie Connections Car Park in Kirriemuir, The DISC in Dundee and Auchterarder Fire Station
- Boxing Day open 10am – 1pm – Carnoustie High School, Forthill Primary School and Perth Community Fire Station
- 27 December to 31 December – normal operating hours for all units 10am – 4pm
- 2 January 2022 open 10am – 4pm – Carnoustie High School, Forthill Primary School and Perth Community Fire Station
- 3 January 2022 – normal operating hours for all units 10am – 4pm
Please stock up on LFD testing kits from your local pharmacy or by ordering them online to ensure you can continue to test regularly over the festive period.